Saturday, July 16, 2011

Product Review: Tiny Love Take-Along Mobile

My experience with the Take-Along Mobile was directly related to my need for a self-spinning mobile for my PNP playard.


Standing next to Clark's playard and spinning the mobile was getting tired.  I realized I needed a mobile that spun on its own.  I couldn't be the first one to recognize their playard needed a self-propelled mobile.  So I looked for a solution online. To my surprise, solutions were far and few in between.  Most were for products that could no longer be found in-stock anywhere.

To make a long story short, if you want a battery operated* mobile compatible with your playard, there is only one choice: the Take-Along Mobile from Tiny Love.  I looked all over the internet for alternatives with no success.  In fact neither BRU or any of the big box stores carry that model.  Online seems to be the only option, but feel free to check around. 
 Update: 07/30/2011 - on a recent trip to BRU, I noticed that they now carry this mobile in the store.

Pros:
  • It's basically the only option for a battery powered mobile for a playard.
  • It's compatible for not only playards and traditional cribs, but also some infant carrier/car seats and strollers
Cons:
  • You can not change or switch the plush toys that hang from the mobile.  (Most mobile have this feature.) 
  • The mobile hangs rather low.  The arm/support does not extend very far from base compared to other mobiles. 
  • The arm does not attach that securely to the rail of the playard.  Gravity (eventually) or a very light push or pull will send the mobile tilting over the rail (possibly hitting your baby).
Summary:

I really wanted this product to be awesome, but I was disappointed.  Had it been taller I would have used it on Clark's changing table, but height was just one of the cons that outweighed the pros and I had to return the product.  I would rate this product a C.

         - Clark's Dad


* The only other options I encountered were OEM models from playard  manufactures (in my case a wind up model from Graco)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment